Zesty Teriyaki Kombu and Carrots
Sweet and spicy carrots and kombu with crisp texture. Perfect for side dishes.
- 1/2 Kombu kelp
- 1/2 carrot
- 1 potato
- Small amount of chili pepper
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon cooking Sake
- 2 tablespoon Mirin (sweet rice seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Put 1/2 kombu kelp in water till kelp gets soft. Or use left over kelp from dashi.
- Cut kombu kelp into square, carrot and potato into thin strips.
- Take all the seeds from chili and cut into small bite size.
- Pour salad oil on a frying pan and stir fry all the ingredients until it gets tender.
- Add all the seasoning and stir fry till all the liquid goes away.