Shiny black hijiki is rich in nutrients. It's good to take into everyday diet but many probably don’t know how to use it. Here is the recipe using hijiki. Let's take Japanese wisdom and have a healthy life!
Stir-fried Sprout Hijiki
- 0.6 ounce (18g) Hijiki
- Water for reconstitute hijiki
- 1cup (250ml) Water for stir-fry
- 1 Tablespoon Oil for stir-fry
- 3.5 ounces (100g) Bacon
- 1 Tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Mirin (sweet rice seasoning)
- 1 Tablespoon Cooking Sake
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sugar
- Let hijiki soak to water for 15 minutes (10 minutes for hot water).
- Wash hijiki with water 2～3 times and strain water well.
- Cut bacon into inch.
- Add oil to heated pan and stir-fry bacon and step 2.
- Add water and [seasonings] to step 4 and simmer till liquids are gone (about 15 minutes).
Seaweed Encyclopedia - Hijiki -