Japanese-style paella with kombu and seafood. Soy sauce aroma whet your taste buds.
- 3 Kombu kelp
- 2 Cups Rice
- Clove Garlic
- 1/4 Onion
- 4ounces (120g) Shell clams
- 1/2 Squid
- 4-5 Shrimps
- 1.5ounces (50g) Pea pods
- 3 Tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2cups (400ml) Water
- 2 Teaspoons Olive oil
- Soak kombu kelp in water till kelp gets soft for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the rice and strain water well. Remove the sand from clam by soaking in the salt water.
- Cut kombu seaweed into squares and mince garlic clove and onion.
- Pour olive oil on heated pan and stir garlic and onion.
- Once onion is tender, add shrimps and squid. Once shrimps and squid is cooked, add rice and stir more.
- When rice color changes to clear, add soy sauce, water, clams, peapods and kombu and let it boil with the cover. Simmer with low heat for 10 minutes.
- Cook until all the liquid is gone. Cover the paella, and allow it to steam for 10 minutes.