Kombu onion soup with Beans
A soup packed with sweetness from onion and kombu's umami fit together well.
- 1 Kombu kelp
- 1/2 onion
- 4.2 ounce (120g) canned beans
- 2 1/2 cup (500ml) water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- Put 1/2 kombu kelp in water till kelp gets soft. Or use left over kelp from dashi.
- Thin slice onion and cut kombu kelp into square.
- Add kombu and onion into heated pot with salad oil and stir.
- Add water, soy sauce, salt, and canned beans and boil for 15 min.