Japanese Style Pot-au-feu
Earthy flavored pot au feu with umami relish from chicken, vegetables and kombu seaweed.
- 1 Kombu kelp
- 1/2 Carrot
- 2 Potatoes
- 3.5 ounce (100g) chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 2 1/2 cup (500ml) water
- 70 ml cooking Sake
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Mirin (sweet rice seasoning)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- Put kombu kelp in water till kelp gets soft. Or use left over kelp from dashi and cut into 2cm square size.
- Cut carrot, potatoes and chicken breast into a bite size.
- Add salad oil to pot and stir fry chicken breast untill it starts to change color.
- Add rest of the ingredients together.
- Stir the soup for 15 min.