A soup packed with sweetness from onion and kombu’s umami fit together well.
- 3 Kombu kelp
- 1 ounce (30g) Macaroni
- 5 ounces (150g) Chicken breast
- 1/2 Celery
- 1/2 Carrot
- 20 ounces (600ml) Water
- 0.1 ounce (0.3g) Salt
- Dash of Pepper
- Soak kombu kelp in water till kelp gets soft for 30 minutes.
- Cut kombu seaweed into squares and chicken breast, carrot and celery into a bite size.
- Boil water and chicken breast. Skim off scum.
- Once chicken starts to changes color, add carrot, celery and kombu seaweed. Let it simmer for 15 minutes then add macaroni till it gets soft.
- Turn off the heat and add salt and pepper.